Ancient Agora of Athens: Skip-the-Line Ticket & Audio Tour
- Enjoy a hassle-free visit with an entry e-ticket for the Ancient Agora
- Download the app and your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit
- Marvel at the temple of Hephaestus, the Odeion of Agrippa, the enigmatic Tholos
- Admire the exhibits housed in the Museum of the Ancient Agora
- Learn about the life and death of Socrates and how Democracy was born
Start Location: 24 Adrianou Str, Athens , Athens, GR
Start Location Notes: The tour begins at the entrance of the archaeological site, located on the very crowded Adrianou Street (24 Adrianou Str). Be sure that you have already printed your ticket, before presenting it to the staff. The only way to go to Ancient Agora is on foot from Monastiraki square or Thissio station. The tour ends at the Stoa of Attalos, which is inside the archaeological site of the Agora, not far from the entrance.
Start Location Direction: The only way to go to Ancient Agora is on foot from Monastiraki square or Thissio station.
Start Location: Ancient Agora of Athens, Adrianou, Athens, Greece
Start Location Notes:
Start Location Direction:
Covid 19 Safety Measures
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the Ancient Agora.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- EU citizens aged 0-25 years old, are entitled to have free admission tickets.
- From 1st of April to 31st of October Non-EU citizens, between 6 to 25 years old are entitled to 50% reduced admission.
- From 1st of April to 31st of October senior citizens over 65 from Greece or other EU member-states and the European Economic Area are entitled to 50% reduced admission.
- Free/reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- Most of the archaeological site is wheelchair accessible. In the area of the Temple of Hephaestus, wheelchair access is possible through the entrance at Thiseion Square (Apostolou Pavlou Street), upon communication (210 3214824, 3210180)
- Viator voucher is not your entry ticket and is not accepted at the site
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit - no wifi/4G on-site
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Tickets need to be either printed or downloaded on your phone
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- The Ancient Agora is one of the most visited monuments in Athens. The best time to visit is early in the morning or at the end of the day. It is more crowded during the holidays and at weekends.
- Due to the special circumstances (COVID-19), please keep in mind that the maximum number of visitors in the archaeological site at any given time must not exceed 2500 individuals. The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed due to the circumstances. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the guards of the site. Visitors should maintain a distance of at least 1.5 meters amongst them when in open spaces and of 2 meters when in closed spaces. Especially in queues, a distance of 1.5 meters between visitors should be maintained at all times. Non-medical protective face masks and frequent use of an antiseptic solution containing no less than 70% alcohol are strongly advised. Inside the museum, facial masks are mandatory for all visitors who should keep a safety distance of at least 2m. In the Museum, the maximum number of visitors is 25 at one time.
- Access to the archaeological site with suitcases or trolleys is not allowed.
Your skip-the-line e-ticket and your self-guided audio tour are now confirmed!
Please note that Viator VOUCHER is NOT your Entry TICKET and is not accepted at the entrance.
After booking, you will receive an email from the local supplier, Clio Muse Tours, with further instructions for your ticket and the audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
Booking requests received between 10.00 pm - 7.59 am will be served the next morning from 8.00 am.
Skip the line and proceed to the entrance of Ancient Agora of Athens. Access to the site is granted only to ticket holders. You need to either print your e-ticket or download it on your phone.
No live guide will accompany you. The audio tour is designed to begin at the entrance of Ancient Agora at Adrianou Street and ends in front of the Theatre of Dionysus at Dionysiou Areopagitou Street.
The audio tour can be used repeatedly both online and offline, use headphones to best enjoy.
An Android or iOS smartphone is required. Please ensure you have enough storage space ( 100-150 MB).
Bear in mind that no live guide will escort you and there is no meeting point. No extra equipment (smartphone, headphones, etc.) will be provided.
In case you need any assistance, please contact [email protected]