Japanese New Year Food Tour in Shibuya, Tokyo
3-hour tour of Shibuya exploration, visiting local food stops New Year’s season special locations
Learn about Hatsumode, visiting shrines and temples in the New Year’s tradition
Try symbolic “good luck” New Year’s dishes
Learn about Shogatsu symbols and flavors with a knowledgeable, English speaking, local guide
Enjoy a dinner featuring the classic Japanese winter dishes Shabu Shabu and Sukiyaki
Toast to the New Year with free-flowing sake, wines, local beer, and other beverages
Enjoy great views of the famed Shibuya Crossing
Finish up with a classic New Year’s Japanese dessert and a special Shogatsu gift from us
1 Chome-2 Dogenzaka, Shibuya City, Tokyo, 150-0043, JP
Shibuya City, Tokyo, 150-0043
Why take this tour?
Dinner and free-flowing drinks
Shogatsu (New Year) in Japan, cultural explanation
Traditional snacks and dessert
Local English speaking guide
Hotel pick up not included (can be arranged for an additional charge)
Additional drinks or food (not included but possible to purchase at the guest’s expense.
Things to know
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
7+ days before tour’s date: full refund of tour fees minus any processing fees.
4 to 6 days before the original tour date: 50% refund of tour fees minus any processing fees.
72 hours or less prior to tour: no refund
Arigato Japan is not responsible for cancellation conditions or fees imposed by a third-party tour agency or any other company through which service was booked.
• Minimum drinking age is 20 years.
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
• Please be there 10-15 minutes before the scheduled departure time. We have a strict policy about starting our tours on the scheduled time. If you are not able to arrive at the meeting point by the departure time, the tour will start regardless and no refund will be provided. We are also unable to accommodate meeting up in any of the food stops once you've missed the start of the tour.