Snorkeling Between Continents in Silfra with Photos Included
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- Guided snorkeling tour in Silfra Fissure
- Free GoPro photos from the tour (underwater and out of the water)
- Small-group guaranteed & personal experience
- Certified PADI dive / Dive-master Guide for Snorkeling Tour
- Drysuit and all other snorkeling equipment that will keep you warm and dry
- Hot drinks and cookies after snorkeling
Discover the glacial depths of one of Iceland’s best diving spots, the striking Silfra Fissure, during a guided snorkeling tour. Set out through the volcanic fields of Thingvellir National Park to reach the departure point. After getting outfitted with all necessary gear, get in the water to swim between continents as you move back and forth between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates. Underwater GoPro pictures delivered by email are included.
Not wheelchair accessible
Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement Form –https://troll.is/medical). You can sign the form at the meeting location.
Be comfortable in water and be able to swim.
Communicate in English at the time of the tour.
Be physically fit.
Not be pregnant.
You must be ready to wear a tight and constricting dry suit to protect your body from the cold.
You must be a minimum of 150 cm and a maximum of 200 cm in height and weigh between 45 and 120 kilos along with being physically fit.
- You must be a maximum of 69 years of age to participate in this tour. If you are over 60 years of age, you need a medical waiver, available on page 2 of the Medical Statement.
You must be a minimum of 12 years of age to participate in this tour. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour.
If you are over 45 and partake/have partaken in pipe smoking or heavy alcohol intake, you need a medical waiver.
Please note that should you have any neurological, circulatory or respiratory problems or underlying diseases, battled any illnesses or have any physical problems you might have to turn in a physicians allowance to participate in this tour.
Near public transportation
No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
Not suitable for people over 65 years old
Most travelers can participate
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers