Mycenae: in the bath with Clytemnestra | Audio Tour on your Phone (no ticket)
* Note that the audio tour covers the areas of the archaeological site & the Treasury of Atreus. It doesn’t include a tour of the museum. Ticket/entrance fee to the archaeological site is not included.
• See the Lions’ Gate bastion, from where the defenders could rain deadly missiles on the attackers.
• Climb the Great Ramp, used by Agamemnon himself to reach his royal residence.
• Visit the Megaron, with the imposing hearth and the remains of the gypsum aisle that protected the painted floor.
• Explore the Secret Cistern, with its ominous staircase leading outside the walls in complete darkness.
- Please consider that admission fees for the archaeological site of Mycenae, the Museum & the Treasury of Atreus are not included
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Please book per device to be used, not per participant
- After booking, you will receive an email from the local supplier, Clio Muse Tours, with instructions for your audio tour
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- Please ensure you have enough storage space (100-150 MB)
- Admission fees are not included in this product
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes and a hat or sunscreen (during spring and summer).
- It is better to have the tour before the sunset and preferably in the morning.
- Kindly note that the archaeological site of Mycenae and the Treasury of Atreus are two separate archaeological sites and the latter is located a mere 10-minute walk away. Visitors taking the tour will first explore the archaeological site and then they shall continue to visit the Treasury of Atreus
- Please consider that the audio tour covers the areas of the archaeological site and the Treasury of Atreus. It doesn’t include a tour of the museum
Your self-guided audio tour is now confirmed!
Please note that Viator voucher is not your entry ticket for the archaeological site of Mycenae. Admission fees are not included in the price. This is a self-guided audio tour, no live guide will accompany you.
The audio tour is designed to begin at the archaeological site of Mycenae and ends at the archaeological site of the Treasury of Atreus.
Mycenae hours of operation: April: 08.00 a.m. - 19.00 p.m. May - August : 08:00 a.m. - 20:00 p.m. September: 08.00 a.m. - 19.00 p.m. October: 08.00 - 18.00 p.m. 1 November until 31 March: 8:30 a.m. - 16:00 p.m.
After booking, you will receive an email through Viator, from our local supplier, Clio Muse Tours with further instructions about your tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
An Android or iOS smartphone is required. You also need to ensure you have enough storage space. (required size for the app & tour: 100-150 MB).
The audio tour can be used repeatedly both online and offline and travelers may use their headphones to best enjoy!
In case you need help, please contact [email protected]