Halloumi Heaven: Cheese-Making Class & Troodos Mountain Villages 8h
- Mountain tea, black tea and Cyprus coffee along with homemade lemonade is offered throughout the cheese-making workshop along with refreshing homemade lemonade. Bottled water throughout the tour.
- We'll enjoy a delicious brunch along with the fresh cheeses made
- There are tasting of local products along the way... honey, olives, traditional sweets, chocolates and more!
- There's an optional wine tasting along the way
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All tasting and entrance fees
- Local bilingual guide - fully trained in the food & wine of Cyprus
- Support a small business along with the local culture
- A great day out! Check out our Cyprus Taste Tours reviews to find out why you should book this tour!
A fantastic way to explore with a local! Your guide will pick you up from an Ayia Napa / Protaras location of your choice & you’ll be driven into the Troodos mountain countryside to the house of a local village lady to learn the traditional technique of halloumi & anari cheese-making. This small group activity will start at the farm of our host where participants can learn how to milk the animals (goats & sheep) to collect their very own fresh milk. A tour of the cheese-making premises will follow where you'll be put to work to make your fresh halloumi cheese! This hands-on workshop ends with a traditional sit-down experience where you'll enjoy a delicious brunch which will include the cheeses made plus lots more. We'll then continue our journey into the scenic mountain villages to visit a honey producer, traditional sweets workshop, winery (optional) and a local making products with donkey milk. Part of our touring will be a visit to Lefkara village where you’ll see the local ladies making the famous Cyprus lace plus time to shop & explore. Any applicable entrance fees, tasting fees, door-to-door transport, traditional brunch, coffee & drinks are all included in the tour price.
Hello from Cyprus Taste Tours! We're a friendly team of local guides all with Cypriot heritage. A group of true foodies, our activities focus on discovering Cyprus through food & wine... There's nothing like tasting fresh, warm halloumi cheese straight out of the pot and on this small group excursion there will be plenty to enjoy throughout the day! During this unique experience you'll have the opportunity to get into nature, learn how to collect your own milk and make 2 kinds of cheese from start to finish. The workshop ends with a delicious brunch that includes the fresh cheeses made and lots more. The activities don't end there as you'll be taken further into the Troodos mountain villages to visit other local producers and the quaint village of Lefkara. During this afternoon of exploring you'll taste Cyprus olive oil, local honey, wine, traditional sweets, chocolates along with other traditional delicacies! Unlike other tours - EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED / NO HIDDEN COSTS!
Covid 19 Safety Measures
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
We make sure our vehicles are cleaned and disinfected after every tour. Your safety is our priority and we assure you that we take precautionary measures seriously. We look forward to hosting you safely!
Not wheelchair accessible
Infant seats available
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers