Burgundy Wine Tour Day Trip from Beaune
Bask in the Tradition and Heritage of Burgundy Wine
Discover the craft of winemaking in a traditional family domain
Explore the reputable estate of Romanée-Conti and the spectacular vineyards of Clos de Vougeot
Take in views in the heart of the wine road, the “Champs-Elysées” of Burgundy
Admire the historic and charming villages along the Côte de Nuits
English speaking Guides, local Experts of Burgundy
Why take this tour?
- Tour and wine tasting in a local winery in Beaune
- Free time for lunch (at own expense)
- Sightseeing along the Grands Crus road
- Guided tour of the Chateau du Clos Vougeot
- Tour and wine tasting at a local domain around Nuits-Saint-Georges
5.30pm Return to Beaune Tourist Office
- Meet your Guide in front of the Tourism Office in Beaune
- Depart from Beaune Tourism Office
- Scenic Drive Through the Beautiful Villages of Côte de Beaune
- Our professional guide is an expert in Burgundy wines, gastronomy and history. With his knowledge and passion for Burgundy, he will answer all your unanswered questions. Highly personable, your guide will help you discover in a friendly, relaxing and fun way all the secrets of the region. No stone will be left unturned! And, no worries, you don’t need to be an expert in wine to enjoy this tour!
Take in the stunning scenery as we cruise through the beautiful villages of Côte de Beaune: Pommard, Volnay, and Meursault, and through the Grands crus roads, via Puligny-Montrachet and Chassagne-Montrachet. Sightseeing of the famous Bâtard-Montrachet, Montrachet, Bienvenues-Bâtard-Montrachet and Chevalier-Montrachet. Welcome to the spirit of France. While we are in the vineyards we will give you a clear and entertaining presentation of the difference between the appellations “Village, 1er Cru and Grand Crus”. Here the Chardonnay is at its best!
- Tour and Wine Tasting in a Local Domain in Beaune
- This Domaine is an important vineyard in the Côte de Beaune. The wine cellars and the winery are located in Beaune, in the Place Saint-Jacques. Its owner, Yvonnick, has extensive experience in the wine world, having worked for twenty years in sales of Burgundy wines on the French market. The area offers a wide range of different wines, classified under various names, including several 1st Crus and Grand Crus, whether white or red. He produces different appellations like Saint-Aubin, Meursault 1er Cru “Les Charmes” and Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru.
- Lunch at Leisure upon Your Guide’s Suggestions in Beaune
- Free time and lunch at leisure in Beaune, possibility to discover the Hospices de Beaune on your own (entrances to be paid on site). Hospices Civils de Beaune which have, since their foundation in 1443 by the Chancellor Nicolas Rolin, kept their doors open to everyone without interruption. This institution, unique in its historical and wine-producing, is closely connected with the economic life of the region.
- Route des Grands Crus
- Sightseeing along the Grands Crus road and stop at the famous Romanée-Conti. Considered as the most prestigious name of Burgundy, this plot of 1, 8 hectares produces the most expensive wine of the world. Picturesque drive along the Côte de Nuits through the villages of Nuits-Saint-Georges, Vosne-Romanée and Vougeot. Discover the “Champs-Elysées” of Burgundy. We will take advantage of being in those prestigious vineyards to explain the Terroir and the different steps needed along the year to harvest the best Pinot Noir possible. L’expression du Terroir”.
- Guided Tour of the Clos Vougeot
- Founded in 1098 by monks, the vineyard of Clos de Vougeot covers 50 hectares. The castle houses the brotherhood of the knights of the tastevin. Its wines are ones of the most famous in Burgundy with a Grand Crus: Le Clos Vougeot. Today the vineyard is divided between 80 owners.
- Tour and Wine Tasting in a Local Domain around Nuits-Saint-Georges
- Visit the cellar and share an authentic moment with the winemaker around a tasting of his best Pinot Noir wines.
- Drop off at Beaune Tourism Office
10 wine tastings: Village, Premiers and 2 Grands Crus Wines
Tour and wine tasting in a local domain in Beaune
Lunch at leisure upon your guide’s suggestions in Beaune,
Route des Grands Crus
Tour and wine tasting in a local domain around Nuits-Saint-Georges
English-speaking driver/guide, Expert in Burgundy wines
Travel in premium, spacious vehicles
Personal insurance & expenses
Meals & drinks
Entrance fees to monuments or attractions
Gratuities for the guide
Things to know
Before you book
Instant booking confirmation
Tour requires minimum 2 passengers (adults) to operate
In case minimum numbers are not reached we will offer to reschedule or refund your tour
Wineries may change according to their availability at time of booking
Before you go
Please be ready 10 minutes before arrival time
Available from April to October, Tuesdays to Saturdays
Winery visits are not private
Tour is operated in English and maximum one other language
Small group option, maximum 8 persons
Tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
Up to 24 hours before the beginning of the activity: full refund
Less than 24 hours before the beginning of the activity or no-show: no refund
Our multilingual office staff is made up of France Travel Experts that design unique itineraries for both individuals and groups. Their perfect knowledge of the destination allows them to suggest carefully crafted programs to professionals of the Travel Trade all over the world.
Our in house team of licensed, multilingual Tour Guides are local Experts that can conduct any type of tours including (but not limited to) Cultural & Historical, Food & Wine, Luxury, Battlefields, Active, Family friendly, Faith-based etc...